Resize captured frame image

This Forum is for General Issues about Mimic
kivinen
Propeller Head

Resize captured frame image

Post by kivinen »

Hi, what I want to do is to capture a 1024x768 full screen frame and have it automatically resize to the correct size in relation to the movie frame properties... for example, I take a 1024x768 full screen image and have it resize to 800x600 frame... is this possible, and if not (even though virtually all other competing products have this feature), will this come in future release (like in 2.0).

I like mimic because of the palette and integration with flare etc...and it is quite easy tool to use, but I hate to have to first resize the image using an external utility and then add the image in as an object, when I want to do this all automatically.

Anyone know if I can do this, or can someone from MadCap comment on what new features related to this in Mimic 2.0 has?

BR

Dave
pdear
Propeller Head

Re: Resize captured frame image

Post by pdear »

Hi Dave,

Yes, Mimic will automatically resize 1024x768 captured screens, but only if you first create a movie with a blank frame and set the movie properties to the desired output size.

If instead you go straight to recording, your movie size will be the size of your recording rectangle.

There is no change to this feature in Mimic 2.0.

Glad to hear you like the palettes and integration with Flare.

Thanks,

-- Pat
kivinen
Propeller Head

Re: Resize captured frame image

Post by kivinen »

Hi that works ! thanks !

BR

Dave