How do I stop the flicker between frames?

This Forum is for General Issues about Mimic
cbdebris
Sr. Propeller Head

How do I stop the flicker between frames?

Post by cbdebris »

I have turned off transitions between slides. However, there is an annoying flicker between frames, even with duplicated content.

I've never seen this occur in other software -- how do I keep it from happening?
All life is a blur of Republicans and meat. -- Zippy the Pinhead
JasonSTI
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: How do I stop the flicker between frames?

Post by JasonSTI »

I found this as well. Any object with a life span WILL end, and restart on the next frame. Easiest way to fix it is for each object that needs to transition, to uncheck the time span option. Then, no flicker.

Note that because of this, you can only make object vanish at the end of a frame, if you want it to transition between multiple frames. Kind of a pain, but we easily rewrote our multimedia scripts to accommodate this.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
cbdebris
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by cbdebris »

How does frame flicker (even with duplicated frames) have something to do with an image on any frame?

That is so weird.
All life is a blur of Republicans and meat. -- Zippy the Pinhead
Cinnamon
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by Cinnamon »

Hi folks.
I'm experiencing the same problem in mimic 6. The user interface shown here has changed, and I can't try out this suggestions.
My video shows alignment instructions. There is a graphic that changes position very slightly between frames, but the text below it stays the same. The text flickers each time the frame changes.
I'd be grateful for any thoughts.
Thanks

Suze
nickatwork
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by nickatwork »

In the timeline, you should right-click the objects that are flickering and make sure Customize time span is not selected. This should fix it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.