Mimic output for iPad

This Forum is for all Mimic issues related to Mimic's various output types.
haideeleclair
Jr. Propeller Head

Mimic output for iPad

Post by haideeleclair »

Hi,
We're trying to author output for the iPad, but I don't think Silverlight or Flash are supported on the iPad. Does anyone have a suggestion? Unfortunately I use Flare and I don't have Mimic, another staff member in another location is using it. Also, he has an iPad and I do not.
Any ideas appreciated!
-haidee
RamonS
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: Mimic output for iPad

Post by RamonS »

The only realistic idea I have is to convert the flv file to MPEG-4. That appears to be one of the supported video standards on the iPad following this site: http://www.ifunia.com/ipad-column/ipad- ... rmats.html
There are plenty of flv to mp4 converters for WIndows, I'd try a few free ones and pick the one that produces the best result / is the easiest to use / is the fastest. I also found a web page that describes the conversion on OS X ,see here: http://www.applemacvideo.com/howtoconve ... 4-mac.html
If you insert the video like an image file in Flare you should be able to view it on the iPad. It would be nicer to have that wrapped in a player control, but I don't know of any that are not Flash or Silverlight based.

Now, for the unrealistic idea: buy all the Apple stock, fire the board, fire Jobs, decide to support Flash and Silverlight on iPads, and move on with your project. :lol:
haideeleclair
Jr. Propeller Head

Re: Mimic output for iPad

Post by haideeleclair »

RamonS wrote:Now, for the unrealistic idea: buy all the Apple stock, fire the board, fire Jobs, decide to support Flash and Silverlight on iPads, and move on with your project. :lol:
Thanks for the ideas, Ramon! I appreciate them. I'll work on my stock purchase now :D