Mimic and Microsoft CRM

This Forum is for all Mimic issues related to Mimic's various output types.
StephenRL
Jr. Propeller Head

Mimic and Microsoft CRM

Post by StephenRL »

I'm trying to record Microsoft CRM to create some internal training videos for our sales team.
Unfortunately, every time I record, Mimic seems to miss who screens. When CRM changes over to a new screen, Mimic keeps
recording, but the window is blank save for the cursor. Then, when CRM opens up another screen, that one displays. This happens
time and time again.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks!
~ Stephen
RamonS
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: Mimic and Microsoft CRM

Post by RamonS »

I experienced this in other cases. It appears as that Windows sometimes does not send the correct event to the system, which means Mimic cannot cannot pick it up. This is not a Mimic specific issue as I noticed that problem in other applications of this kind as well. The easiest (and somewhat annoying) 'solution' is to hit the capture hot key several times so that extra frames get added in. Doing that more than reasonably necessary is recommended. It is easier to remove extra frames than to fudge something that wasn't captured.
nsemple
Propeller Head

Re: Mimic and Microsoft CRM

Post by nsemple »

We are having issues similar to this (using Mimic Version 5 on Windows 7) when capturing video. The video output appears choppy. It seems to speed up and slow down even though transition times for individual frames were not set by anyone. (No effects have been set for frames and the transition time on the Frame Properties dialog box is grayed out.) Sometimes, it appears as though important frames are skipped. The video just blanks for a couple of seconds, displaying a black sceen, and then picks up again.

Does anyone know what could be causing these issues (frames not being captured for the movie, erratic speed of video output, and the video displaying black screens several times in the output)?