SWF Output issues

This Forum is for all Mimic issues related to Mimic's various output types.
SharedLogic
Jr. Propeller Head

SWF Output issues

Post by SharedLogic »

I created an output for a project that I am working on for my company. The purpose of the project is to teach our customers to use our software. I record screen shots of the software, and add Action rectangles over certain areas that I want the viewer to click. I am not referring to buttons, but instead the rectangle shapes that are recorded when an area is clicked. Within the Mimic preview itself, there is no issue with the Action rectangles. However, when I go to view the .swf output, the Action rectangle is no longer there. When the frame first opens up, the cursor turns into a hand, as it normally should, to allow the user to click the area to proceed, but it then disappears and the cursor returns to the normal arrow mode and the selected area is no longer able to be clicked.

I have gone through and changed all of the Action options from GotoNext to GotoFrame to see if the GotoNext option was the problem, but I am getting the same issue with every option I choose. If you could please help me figure out what the solution may be, it would be much appreciated.
SharedLogic
Jr. Propeller Head

Re: SWF Output issues

Post by SharedLogic »

I am encountering another problem that may be related to, or even at the root of this issue. When I have finished building the ouput for the movie, I then embed the .swf file into a Help file that was compiled using Flare V7. After I embed the movie and re-compile the Flare file, I open up the actual Help file within my company's software, and get an error message that says "Unable to set value of the property 'gotoNextFrame': object is null or undefined." I am also getting 4 identical error messages, but instead of it saying 'gotoNextFrame'- it says 'gotoPreviousFrame', 'gotoFirstFrame', 'gotoLastFrame', and 'togglePaused'. Is there anyone out there who knows what may be causing these error messages to occur? And if so, what can I do to fix this problem? Any help would be much appreciated.