Flash Output not Compiling After Mimic 7 Upgrade

This Forum is for all Mimic issues related to Mimic's various output types.
Alicia143
Propeller Head

Flash Output not Compiling After Mimic 7 Upgrade

Post by Alicia143 »

I recently upgraded to the new version of mimic and now my flash movies won't compile. I tried to delete the new version and go back to 6, and the issue continues. I have compiled using flash for many years with these same movies, and I have never seen this error before. Does anyone have any ideas about how I can get the movies to compile? I don't want to move to Silverlight or Madcap formats, and I don't understand why this stopped working now. :?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Alicia Brown
Certified MAD Developer

Alicia143
Propeller Head

Re: Flash Output not Compiling After Mimic 7 Upgrade

Post by Alicia143 »

As a workaround, I added a previously compiled Movies folder into my source Content folder. I linked up the files as hyperlinks to the compiled movies .html file. This allowed me to have all my movies back and keep them in flash. I wish I didn't have to do all this work to fix something that worked previously. I hope someone at Madcap can fix this bug. :flare:
Alicia Brown
Certified MAD Developer

dalogan
Propeller Head

Re: Flash Output not Compiling After Mimic 7 Upgrade

Post by dalogan »

I have received this error as well. Through the MadCap support, we discovered that a version of Java that was installed on my computer caused the problem.
We un-installed the 32-bit Java. That version was 7.55.
Then we installed 7.75. The Mimic video was able to build after that.