Not able to initiate Record command.

This Forum is for all Mimic issues related to Mimic's various output types.
vinaybk
Jr. Propeller Head

Not able to initiate Record command.

Post by vinaybk »

Hello,
I am using Mimic v7 and am fairly new to the product.
I am trying to record a new movie, which I was able to successfully do in the past when using Mimic v5.
But, with this version, I am getting the "Failed to Run Command 'Record" error.
I checked the system requirement and I have all prerequisites, including .NET framework.

Can you please help me resolve this issue?
I am getting this error only when I attempt to end a recording session by pressing "End" on the keyboard. I don't see any other option to end the recording.

I would appreciate your inputs on this.

Thank you
Vinay
kwag_myers
Propellus Maximus

Re: Not able to initiate Record command.

Post by kwag_myers »

I've always had trouble with keyboard shortcuts in Mimic, especially later in the day, and on three different machines. For some reason that I've never been able to figure out, they just stop working.

What is your setup for recording? If you're using the rectangle with a task bar at the bottom, the Record button changes to Pause and Stop buttons.
"I'm tryin' to think, but nothin' happens!" - Curly Joe Howard
bigandy76
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by bigandy76 »

I hit similar error messages when attempting to record with the mic active/enabled, even after following several forum posts which recommended a full uninstall/reinstall of all required applications, frameworks and drivers it did not solve the problem.

In the end I had to split the recording phase into 2 stages, stage 1 involved the recording of the video track without audio and stage 2 involved the recording of the audio track/clips using a open source sound recorder and then piecing the 2 together.

Despite this being a pain its not the end of the world as I still need to go into Mimic to re-position several of the call outs and add additional ones along the way.
Andrew Mitchell

UI/UX Design and Development
Lavastorm Analytics
kwag_myers
Propellus Maximus

Post by kwag_myers »

bigandy76 wrote: In the end I had to split the recording phase into 2 stages, stage 1 involved the recording of the video track without audio and stage 2 involved the recording of the audio track/clips using a open source sound recorder and then piecing the 2 together.
I use the same process, but use Mimic to record the audio. I'm not sure I see the advantage of using a third-party recorder.
"I'm tryin' to think, but nothin' happens!" - Curly Joe Howard