Text in Bubbles stacking vertical?

This Forum is for all Mimic issues related to Mimic's various output types.
ewilkeft
Jr. Propeller Head

Text in Bubbles stacking vertical?

Post by ewilkeft »

I have successfully created a video for one of our software demos. I used a technique that allows viewers to hover over a menu item and a bubble will appear with more information. Previously, everything looked great. After creating another output (after some minor edits), the text within the bubble is aligned strangely! Instead of taking up the length of the bubble, it is showing as 2-3 words per line, cutting off a majority of the words!
2017-01-27_9-43-58.png
I tried creating a brand new bubbles and it is still no use. I checked the source files after the output and the images used for the text are incorrect as well!

Does anyone know what may have caused this or if there is a fix? I am using Mimic 8.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BedfordWriter
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: Text in Bubbles stacking vertical?

Post by BedfordWriter »

Any chance that the padding has changed on the right side? Otherwise, looks like a bug.
ewilkeft
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by ewilkeft »

I'm not sure where to check those styles. I had to recreate all my text bubbles from scratch! Probably a bug. I noticed that if I had anything in the text area on an alternate visual state for the bubbles, the text would align this way. It is very bizarre. Perhaps it is not possible to have a change of visual state (upon an action) that changes the text?

I am very frustrated with Mimic - there is not any reliable help when things go wrong, and support plans are too expensive. It is clear that Flare is their flagship and other potentially powerful software is ignored.
BedfordWriter
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by BedfordWriter »

Padding is set in the properties list, wherever you choose to display that window. Usually, the right side of the screen, when the object is selected.

Agreed regarding the frustration part. I choose Mimic over several competing programs because of a few key features that are important to me. For the rest, my solution is to bombard them with feature requests and hope that they devote some energy to making this the product that it could be.
BedfordWriter
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by BedfordWriter »

Interesting... I tried a couple of experiments, changing visual states. Makes a difference whether you change the state of a bubble or a button. I couldn't recreate the issue you were having with the text margin but bubbles seem to have a problem. Bug report going in...
ewilkeft
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by ewilkeft »

Thanks for the feedback. Yeah, I think Mimic is a great tool - I picked it up very quickly with minimal help.

The downfall is that it doesn't seem to be too widely used - I cannot find near as much help as I can for say, Flare. Also, the help files are useful, but there is no troubleshooting tips or anything of the sort. Then MC charges a lot for maintenance plans, which a small business like ours cannot justify. Oh well...

For you bug report, here is what I did:
The goal was to create a hover action on an object that would cause the bubble to appear/disappear.
1. Created bubble with appropriate text, set opacity to 0 for default visual state
2. Created a second visual stand with opacity set to 100
3. Applied a hover action to an object that set the visual state of the bubble
4. Tested the action in preview mode (within Mimic)
5. Created an output of the file to test the "real world" version. Text was vertically stacked in the final output.