Links in Sections page take file names, not file titles

This Forum is for all Mimic issues related to Mimic's various output types.
Joost
Propeller Head

Links in Sections page take file names, not file titles

Post by Joost »

Hi,

When I compile Flash, the first page I get is called "Sections". The links in this page sum up the the movies of the project.

The links take the names of the referenced files, and not the titles of the files, and I don't want that. They should take the file titles as link texts because I am in a multi-lingual environment. My file names are consistent through all language versions but my link texts should vary according to the language. How can I change this behaviour?

Also the word "Section" in that page, can I change that?
pdear
Propeller Head

Re: Links in Sections page take file names, not file titles

Post by pdear »

Hi Joost,

We have plans to remove this first page (table of contents) from the output Flash movie in the new upcoming version of Mimic.

To achieve your goal of being able to branch at the beginning of your movie, in the new version you might create a single frame movie that links to all your different sections. If you make that the first movie in your project, it will be the first to play.

Would you like to be a beta tester and try this out in the beta version of Mimic 2.0? All you would need do is sign a non-disclosure agreement.

Let us know.

-- Pat
Joost
Propeller Head

Post by Joost »

pdear wrote: Would you like to be a beta tester and try this out in the beta version of Mimic 2.0? All you would need do is sign a non-disclosure agreement.-- Pat
Sure. Happy to test it. How do we go about?
pdear
Propeller Head

Post by pdear »

All you need to do is send your email address to vgalpchian@madcapsoftware.com and mention that we discussed your being a Mimic V2 beta tester. She'll send you a non-disclosure agreement. Sign the agreement, fax it back to us, and we'll give you access to the beta download page.

Thanks,

-- Pat