Flash V. 10 Issues

This Forum is for all Mimic issues related to Mimic's various output types.
Kent F
Jr. Propeller Head

Flash V. 10 Issues

Post by Kent F »

Using Mimic without issues using Flash v6. Experiencing odd issues on Flash v10. Some of the navigation buttons in the movie do not work. The button in the final frame to move to the next lesson/section does not work. The skin of the movie has some out of place gray bars. Possibly more issues, just noticed these.

My thought was that this may be related to the new security settings in Flash v8+. However, we cannot use Adobe's online Global Security Settings panel since the user machines are not connected to the Internet. I have not been able to determine how to run this locally without an Internet connection. I found some discussion of a mm.cfg or mms.cfg, but could not find it.

Is using Flash v8+ out of the question with Mimic generated content? I realize that v10 can be uninstalled (not an easy task) and v6 loaded, but would only want to take this approach as a last resolve.

Anyone else using Flash v10 and experiencing similar issues? Any recommendations would be appreciated.
Joost
Propeller Head

Re: Flash V. 10 Issues

Post by Joost »

Kent F wrote:Using Mimic without issues using Flash v6. Experiencing odd issues on Flash v10. Some of the navigation buttons in the movie do not work. The button in the final frame to move to the next lesson/section does not work. The skin of the movie has some out of place gray bars. Possibly more issues, just noticed these.

My thought was that this may be related to the new security settings in Flash v8+. However, we cannot use Adobe's online Global Security Settings panel since the user machines are not connected to the Internet. I have not been able to determine how to run this locally without an Internet connection. I found some discussion of a mm.cfg or mms.cfg, but could not find it.

Is using Flash v8+ out of the question with Mimic generated content? I realize that v10 can be uninstalled (not an easy task) and v6 loaded, but would only want to take this approach as a last resolve.

Anyone else using Flash v10 and experiencing similar issues? Any recommendations would be appreciated.
I know it is not really helpful but I am experiencing the same issues. These gray bars seem to me ghost impressions of the progress bar that is normally there.

Do you know how I can check what version of Flash I am currently using?

Thanks,

Joost