Hosted Feedback Server trial URL?

This forum is for general questions about Feedback Explorer and Feedback Server.
GJT
Jr. Propeller Head

Hosted Feedback Server trial URL?

Post by GJT »

Howdy—

My company currently uses Flare for building output. We're interested in using the hosted version of the Madcap Feedback v2 to allow for user comments.

I signed up and received my 30-day Feedback Key. What I don't understand is how to use this key to try out a hosted solution. If I go into the "Feedback Service" section of my Target, I see "Feedback Server URL." I assume this is only for URLs of an installed server I know and trust. Is there some way to pass in whatever URL Madcap is using, just for this trial basis?

I am also not clear on the differences between the Internal and External Feedback Explorer Application. I found a download link for the Internal one and am playing around with it. Any more information would be helpful.

Thanks!
RamonS
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: Hosted Feedback Server trial URL?

Post by RamonS »

Best thing is to contact MadCap sales or support and ask them. My guess is you cannot just plug some URL in and expect it to work, it has to be the right one.
GJT
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by GJT »

I am guessing that the default "madcap" works during the trial as well, but I'd like some confirmation.

My project is set up to use my new project_template.fbconf, but I can't actually get anything to show in the output.
RamonS
Senior Propellus Maximus

Post by RamonS »

Did you contact support? If not, then do so, they will be able to help you.