Feedback Server 3 Update

This forum is for general questions about Feedback Explorer and Feedback Server.
lemalsaint
Jr. Propeller Head

Feedback Server 3 Update

Post by lemalsaint »

Hi everyone,
is there a possibility to update the FeedbackServer 2 to the new version 3?
What happens if I install both the same time?
It took me quite a while to get it running, so I don't want to break it trying to run an update.

Thanks for your help,

Oliver
Robotman
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: Feedback Server 3 Update

Post by Robotman »

Hi Oliver, can you run it up on a test or virtual machine first? As our environment is small and for internal use only, I had both installed at the same time until v3 was up and running (with little to no problems). I had no issues with both versions installed on the same system.
\m/ Gary \m/
Flare 2020 / Windows 10 64-Bit
Screaming Symphony
lemalsaint
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by lemalsaint »

Hey there,
FeedBackServer 2 is actually running on a VM now.
I might just make a copy of the VM and install both, the question then is, how do I switch from version 2 to version 3?
Robotman
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by Robotman »

lemalsaint wrote:Hey there,
FeedBackServer 2 is actually running on a VM now.
I might just make a copy of the VM and install both, the question then is, how do I switch from version 2 to version 3?
My steps were:
1. I installed v3 on the same server as v2.
2. Run v3 (re-tested settings).
3. Uninstalled v2

Nothing much has changed in the actual Admin part of FBS but there's been a bit of work with FBS itsself. :) That said, haven't really used it a great deal since installing.

And you asked about the switch - I think it's basically automated. Once you point to the correct Feedback Server URL, Flare will determine which version is installed. If 'both' are installed I am unsure which it will use or whether there is a selection. We run a virtualised office so I had a backup of the VM made prior to installing v3.

With your VM, just make a copy, rename the computer, perform the steps above, run Flare and 'update' your Feedback Server URL to point towards the new VM and you should see something along the lines of the image below.
fbs.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
\m/ Gary \m/
Flare 2020 / Windows 10 64-Bit
Screaming Symphony