Cannot gets topic comments working

This forum is for general questions about Feedback Explorer and Feedback Server.
Pamb10
Sr. Propeller Head

Cannot gets topic comments working

Post by Pamb10 »

I am trialing the Feedback server and have it all set up. However I am having a hard time getting the comment section to show on each topic. I have enabled the Feedback Service in my project and entered the license information, and enabled comments in the skin. What am I missing? Nothing shows for comments.

Also, I do see the start rating at the top of the tab, but when I click a star it does not seem to do anything.

Any help would be appreciated.
Pam
jamesw
Propeller Head

Re: Cannot gets topic comments working

Post by jamesw »

Hi Pam
Just a few thoughts.
On the target you need to make sure that the Current Configuration section is filled in with some sensible looking values such as in my attachment (I have blanked a couple of fields above it deliberately though).
On the skin, Feedback tab, as well as 'Display topic comments at the end of each topic' being selected, make sure that you have added a couple of fields to the Selected column, say Username and EmailAddress

Try starting Feedback Explorer. Can you use that to do things like view search phrases without any results. Does it gives you an error?
If Feedback Explorer seems to be working, maybe select Enable anonymous comments.
Regards
James
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
James Willoughby
Pamb10
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: Cannot gets topic comments working

Post by Pamb10 »

Ok, I am restarting my quest with testing the feedback server. Now I did have this functionality enabled in my project and working at one point. I now have re-enabled it and I have the same original problem. I do not see the comment section on the bottom of each topic.

Any ideas on what i might be missing?

I have enabled topic comments in my skin and enabled the feedback service in my target.

Thanks.
Pam