Feedback Server URL

This forum is for general questions about Feedback Explorer and Feedback Server.
EmilyM
Propeller Head

Feedback Server URL

Post by EmilyM »

Hi everyone,
I am trying to set-up a trial version of the Feedback Server to determine whether it will be beneficial to my company (I think it will be!).
I am not the most technical person and it has taken me most of the day to get everything downloaded, installed and work everything out.

The part I am stuck on now is what do I put in the Feedback Server URL field on the Feedback Service tab in the target of my Flare project? The feedback server is installed on my C drive (Program Files (x86)\MadCap Software\MadCap Feedback Server V3).

In the configuration admin tool the location for the Web Site is Default Web Site, whatever that means. Are these two fields related?

Thanks in advance for any help, this is doing my head in!

Emily
LiamWi
Jr. Propeller Head

Re: Feedback Server URL

Post by LiamWi »

Hello Emily.

Ok so the URL depends upon you using IIS for example with Windows. If you are doing all this on your PC, and presuming you run Windows, you can install IIS through Add Windows Components and hunting it through the web options. IIS will then run and place files within wwwroot on your file system. You can then use it to have your Default Web Site end up being pointed at "localhost" by default. This is the simplest method. You can then point the export location of your help content to that directory (usually somewhere like C:\Inetpub\wwwroot).

So go to Control Panel - Add or Remove Programs, then choose Add/Remove Window Components. Then install Internet Information Services.

Without this you have no website or web-enabled service. Scratch that if you are using a Mac or server of course!

Cheers.

Liam
EmilyM
Propeller Head

Re: Feedback Server URL

Post by EmilyM »

Thanks for the response Liam.
I also got a response from support overnight and that has done the trick.
Feedback server is up and running, just need to get the comments part of it working...