Feedback

This forum is for general questions about Feedback Explorer and Feedback Server.
Robert Hardy
Propeller Head

Feedback

Post by Robert Hardy »

I have just had a look at the new feedback process and a review copy of Flare 3.1 as I am thinking of upgrading from a previous version.
This seems a really good idea but why do people have to rate a topic if they just want to post a comment ? or is it me that is looking at this wrongly (I only opened it for the first time 3 hours ago).
ps as a matter of interest I had made a test project in Robohelp back in 2002 that had a button to the standard Windows Notepad on each page, in this you could record notes, comments etc., each Notepad page being linked to its own Help topic.
I used this mainly for development so that either I or others in the organisation could provide feedback.
This is not something I would need to use now that feedback is properly available but it was EASY and CHEAP!!.
If anyone wants a look send me an email, either at work: robert.hardy@pmonboard.com or home: randjhardy@tiscali.co.uk
Never underestimate the power of a woman - especially her right cross
RamonS
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: Feedback

Post by RamonS »

You shouldn't post your email addresses in a publicly accessible forum unless you love getting SPAM.

The old WinHelp had an annotation function as well. You couldn't share the comments, but for a single user that could have been helpful.
royj
Propeller Head

Re: Feedback

Post by royj »

Robert Hardy wrote:I have just had a look at the new feedback process and a review copy of Flare 3.1 as I am thinking of upgrading from a previous version.
This seems a really good idea but why do people have to rate a topic if they just want to post a comment ? or is it me that is looking at this wrongly (I only opened it for the first time 3 hours ago).
Robert,
People don't "have to" rate a topic if they want to comment on it. In fact, you don't need to include ratings at all. We don't currently use that feature.
Roy Jacobsen
Writing, Clear and Simple
Fargo, ND
royj@writingclearandsimple.com
http://rmjacobsen.squarespace.com