Feedback key randomly not working!!!!!

This forum is for general questions about Feedback Explorer and Feedback Server.
gewriter_2
Propeller Head

Feedback key randomly not working!!!!!

Post by gewriter_2 »

We use the Feedback Admin with our own server solution for the Feedback mechanism. We have a license with 15 keys. For the first 3 months, everything worked just perfectly. Now, as we're actually approaching software release, the keys aren't working anymore. We've verified (through testing) that everything is working just fine on the server and the Feedback Admin app is working as expected. But when we open the Feedback Explorer, it says that 'Download failed. Feedback key inactive or expired.' I've tried all 15 of our keys, and none of them work.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

(sorry for the rant, but I'm really frustrated with this right now - it was a real struggle to get approval for this, and we really need to prove that the expense was worth it.)
Rachel Hiatt
Information Developer
GE Healthcare
gewriter_2
Propeller Head

Re: Feedback key randomly not working!!!!!

Post by gewriter_2 »

Edit: Not five minutes after posting the previous, the feedback key is working again.

This looks to be an intermittent problem with communication between the help and the Feedback Explorer.
Rachel Hiatt
Information Developer
GE Healthcare
Richard Ferrell
Propellus Maximus

Re: Feedback key randomly not working!!!!!

Post by Richard Ferrell »

If the Application can not reach your Feedback server, it will give this error message, I would check the status of your server and the Connection to the server.
Richard Ferrell

Certified Madcap Trainer