allowing users to opt out of participating in feedback

This forum is for general questions about Feedback Explorer and Feedback Server.
jamesw
Propeller Head

allowing users to opt out of participating in feedback

Post by jamesw »

If a user installs a feedback-enabled help system, I believe that the system will push to the feedback server, information about which search terms that user has searched for. Is there a way for a user to choose to opt out of this? (i.e. for the user to click something, or do something, which will let them just use the help system but not see any feedback and not push any data to the feedback server such as which terms have been searched for)
ta
James Willoughby
Richard Ferrell
Propellus Maximus

Re: allowing users to opt out of participating in feedback

Post by Richard Ferrell »

Its not possible to disable the feedback from the user end, the only way would be to disable a connection to the internet.
Richard Ferrell

Certified Madcap Trainer
gewriter_2
Propeller Head

Post by gewriter_2 »

jamesw wrote:If a user installs a feedback-enabled help system, I believe that the system will push to the feedback server, information about which search terms that user has searched for. Is there a way for a user to choose to opt out of this? (i.e. for the user to click something, or do something, which will let them just use the help system but not see any feedback and not push any data to the feedback server such as which terms have been searched for)
ta
We've had the same concerns, as we have some very high security end-users with very strict policies. The workaround solution we found was just to instruct users who do not want to submit feedback to block our secure URL. We submitted a feature request for this back a few months ago, but it couldn't hurt to have more requests. :)
Rachel Hiatt
Information Developer
GE Healthcare
LTinker68
Master Propellus Maximus

Post by LTinker68 »

gewriter_2 wrote:We submitted a feature request for this back a few months ago, but it couldn't hurt to have more requests. :)
Actually, it's better if there are more requests. It'll be a greater incentive for MadCap to implement the feature if a lot of people ask for it.

Lisa
Eagles may soar, but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines.
Warning! Loose nut behind the keyboard.