Favorite Analyzer 4 Features

This Forum is for General Issues about Analyzer
Nita Beck
Senior Propellus Maximus

Favorite Analyzer 4 Features

Post by Nita Beck »

Anyone else giving Analyzer 4 a test drive?

I just used the new Markup Suggestions feature to clean up the code in about 120 topics imported from RoboHelp. Wow, it's great! I easily got rid of empty tags, unnecessary spaces, unnecessary line breaks. Now my code is clean and generally legible (as far as markup can be legible). I am especially pleased that I could apply a suggestion to batches (even all) topics at once, rather than topic by topic. I am VERY happy about this new feature, as it'll be very handy for my conversion projects.

What have the rest of you tried out yet? Any favorites emerging? (I know it's early still...)
Nita
RETIRED, but still fond of all the Flare friends I've made. See you around now and then!
LTinker68
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: Favorite Analyzer 4 Features

Post by LTinker68 »

Did anything change in the built-in Analyzer features in Flare? I haven't looked at those yet.

Lisa
Eagles may soar, but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines.
Warning! Loose nut behind the keyboard.
Nita Beck
Senior Propellus Maximus

Post by Nita Beck »

LTinker68 wrote:Did anything change in the built-in Analyzer features in Flare? I haven't looked at those yet.
Lisa, did you get a chance to look around yet at the built-in Analyzer features in Flare? There were a number of enhancements. Now, instead of using the View > Project Analysis command to open the Project Analysis window, there is a submenu:

-- Broken Links
-- Broken Bookmarks -- NEW
-- Database Errors
-- Files with Changes -- NEW, part of the new Track Changes feature
-- Files with Annotations -- NEW(?), or perhaps a replacement of Project Annotations
-- Topics Not in Index
-- Topics Not in Any TOC

The Status option on the Project Analysis window is gone; I only ever used it to launch the full Analyzer. Now the only way to launch Analyzer from Flare is the existing Tools > Launch > Analyzer.

Also, Incoming Links on the Project Analysis window is gone. I suppose it was redundant anyway with the Link Viewer added in Flare 6.

A bunch of reports that I guess were previously only available via the full Analyzer is also now in Flare 7. I haven't explored them too much yet.
Nita
RETIRED, but still fond of all the Flare friends I've made. See you around now and then!
MickelJacson
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by MickelJacson »

Is it just me or does it seem that the Project Analysis tool built into Flare runs much more smoothly and quickly than Analyzer? Even though I have Analyzer, I find that for checking broken links, topics not in TOC or index, etc., it's much more convenient (and less frustrating!) to use Flare's tool. PA probably uses the same code base as Analyzer and I can simply launch Analyzer from within Project Analysis, but the user experience is much more positive using Project Analysis instead of Analyzer.