Printing the File List

This Forum is for General Issues about Analyzer
henkjans
Propeller Head

Printing the File List

Post by henkjans »

Working on a project in Flare 6, I reached a point (multiple projects, identical topics but different language and describing several systems).
Result; lots of topics, use of conditional text, variables, etc.
To keep track I see Analyzer’s value.
There is however one missing thing: a simple printout of the File List (or at least I couldn’t find it).
Even the reports pane does not give me the possibility to define a simple and compact File List.
Is there anybody who knows how to print this kind of info?
Thanks,
Henk Jan Schut
The Netherlands
lacastle
Propellus Maximus

Re: Printing the File List

Post by lacastle »

the only way to do this right now is to take a screenshot of the file list. i use the scrolling page option in snag it to get everything at the same time.
feel free to submit a feature request for print options - https://www.madcapsoftware.com/bugs/submit.aspx
SteveS
Senior Propellus Maximus
Location: Adelaide, far side of the world ( 34°56'0.78\"S 138°46'44.28\"E).

Post by SteveS »

Another trick I use quite often (not only for Flare projects) is to create a simple batch file:

Code: Select all

dir >> list.txt
Place the batch file in each directory (you can move the same one from directory to directory as needed), double click the batch file and open the resulting text file. You can print the file list in the ntext file using the text editor if necessary.

HTH
Steve
Life's too short for bad coffee, bad chocolate, and bad red wine.
henkjans
Propeller Head

Post by henkjans »

Thanx you guys!

SteveS; I'm old school so I tried it already at the DOS prompt. The list I get is simple enough but too much work to transform it into somthing to work with.

Lacastle; screenshot okay, but what do you mean with "scrolling page option". Please explain .......
Thanks,
Henk Jan Schut
The Netherlands
lacastle
Propellus Maximus

Post by lacastle »

henkjans wrote: Lacastle; screenshot okay, but what do you mean with "scrolling page option". Please explain .......
this is a feature in SnagIt - http://www.techsmith.com/snagit/ - that will automatically scroll a window to capture everything, not just what is visible in a normal screenshot. i'm not sure if it is also a feature in madcap capture - http://www.madcapsoftware.com/products/ ... troduction
henkjans
Propeller Head

Post by henkjans »

Because I wanted a list which I could edit I made a batch file to run in the Content folder.
Result a .txt file containing all .htm files.
Besides that I made a Excel script to read the txt file into Excel and filter the read files.

Closer to my needs then with the "on board" tools.
Thanks,
Henk Jan Schut
The Netherlands