Snippet usage

This Forum is for General Issues about Analyzer
Centauri27
Sr. Propeller Head

Snippet usage

Post by Centauri27 »

Does anyone know if Analyzer can generate a list of all topics that use a particular snippet? We just realized that some "snippeted" text cannot apply in all situations where the snippet is used, so we must hunt down all occurrences of the snippet and make manual corrections.

Thanks.
Carl
wclass
Propellus Maximus

Re: Snippet usage

Post by wclass »

I can't answer about Analyzer, but within Flare you can use View Links on the snippet to get a list of where it is included (select the snippet, right-click, view links).
Margaret Hassall - Melbourne
Centauri27
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by Centauri27 »

Hmmm...I don't see a "View links" option when I right-click on a snippet. But I found another solution: simply search for the "snippetName.flsnp" in code using "Find in Files" and it will list all the topics containing the snippet.

This would be a nice feature to add to Analyzer.

Carl
i-tietz
Propellus Maximus

Post by i-tietz »

Centauri27 wrote:Hmmm...I don't see a "View links" option when I right-click on a snippet.
You gotta do that in the Content Explorer:
view_links.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Inge____________________________
"I need input! - Have you got input?"
i-tietz
Propellus Maximus

Post by i-tietz »

Another solution is a report - there is a section called Snippets.
Disadvantage: You cannot doubleclick files to open them, but manually have to open them in the Content Explorer.
Advantage: You keep the list of files permanently. The "link viewer" window always shows the link list of the current topic, means: You open the window, doubleclick on on of the linked files, that one opens and you get the link view of that file. To open the next file linked to your "central" file you have to go back to that central file each time again.
Inge____________________________
"I need input! - Have you got input?"