Analyzer 2.3 falsly reports unlinked topics

This Forum is for General Issues about Analyzer
navoff
Sr. Propeller Head

Analyzer 2.3 falsly reports unlinked topics

Post by navoff »

I ran Analyzer 2.3 on a project so I could clean up any outdated material, deleting topics and graphics no longer in use. There are at least three topic files that show up under Topics Not Linked that, in fact, have links to several TOCs as well as several other topics.

Anyone have a clue why? This doesn't give me warm fuzzies that this program can be trusted to do what it's suppose to do.
JRP
"How many slime-trailing, sleepless, slimy, slobbering things do you know that will run and hide from your Eveready?"
--Maureen Birnbaum, Barbarian Swordsperson
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: Analyzer 2.3 falsly reports unlinked topics

Post by NorthEast »

If I see anything strange, I usually close the project (in Analyzer and/or Flare) and delete the project's Analyzer folder. The Analyzer database will be rebuilt when you open the project again.

Analyzer 2.3 is reasonably old; I'm assuming you're using it with the appropriate Flare version (I'm guessing Flare v4 or v5).
navoff
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by navoff »

Dave Lee wrote:If I see anything strange, I usually close the project (in Analyzer and/or Flare) and delete the project's Analyzer folder. The Analyzer database will be rebuilt when you open the project again.

Analyzer 2.3 is reasonably old; I'm assuming you're using it with the appropriate Flare version (I'm guessing Flare v4 or v5).
Yes, deleting the Analyzer folder is like rebooting Windows. Unfortunately it doesn't always solve the problem. As for the version, I'm lucky I have the lasted copy of Flare. Unfortunately I'm having difficulties running Flare 8 because my computer is nine years old. My boss has been trying to convince the owner that they really ought to buy me a new computer....
JRP
"How many slime-trailing, sleepless, slimy, slobbering things do you know that will run and hide from your Eveready?"
--Maureen Birnbaum, Barbarian Swordsperson
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Post by NorthEast »

navoff wrote:
Dave Lee wrote:Analyzer 2.3 is reasonably old; I'm assuming you're using it with the appropriate Flare version (I'm guessing Flare v4 or v5).
As for the version, I'm lucky I have the lasted copy of Flare. Unfortunately I'm having difficulties running Flare 8
The reason I asked is because MadCap release new versions of Analyzer to correspond with new versions Flare. Analyzer v5 was released with Flare v8; but Analyzer v2.3 was probably released sometime around Flare v4/v5, and it might not actually work with Flare v8. I would ask MadCap support to confirm whether it will work with the version of Flare you're using.