Analyzer won't open my project

This Forum is for General Issues about Analyzer
blackarmchair
Propeller Head

Analyzer won't open my project

Post by blackarmchair »

So, everytime I attempt to open one of my projects with Analyzer v6 nothing happens. There is no error message, nothing happens on-screen, just nothing at all.

This is especially weird because my co-worker is able to open the project in Analyzer with his computer (he has the same version as I do). So I think that leaves my installation as the problem.

I've tried re-installing, re-booting, copying the project to a new location to no avail. I've also verified that I can open other projects on my PC.

Any ideas? Anyone seen anything like this before?

Thanks!
LTinker68
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: Analyzer won't open my project

Post by LTinker68 »

Close the project, then use Windows Explorer to go to where the project files are stored. Delete the entire Analyzer folder. Go back to Flare and open the project. The Analyzer folder will be recreated, which means it will re-scan the entire project from scratch, which could take a little while.

The above is what to do with the Analyzer folder created by Flare; I'm pretty sure the full Analyzer app uses a folder of the same name in the same location, so the process should be the same. Theoretically. You might want to make a backup of the project, just to be on the safe side.

Lisa
Eagles may soar, but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines.
Warning! Loose nut behind the keyboard.
doc_guy
Propellus Maximus

Re: Analyzer won't open my project

Post by doc_guy »

To get a completely clean installation, you can always uninstall all your MadCap software and then run regedit.exe and search for Madcap and delete all MadCap-specific keys in your registry, then reboot, and re-install MadCap's stuff.

Required Legal Disclaimer: This is an unsupported solution, and may cause your computer to crash, die, and never recover. It may inhibit your ability to watch cat videos on YouTube, or it may cause other unpopular, unintended, or otherwise unforseen consequences. Do not edit your registry while operating a motor vehicle, or while under the influence of a controlled substance. Only do this if you are comfortable editing your registry. We are not responsible for any damage you cause to your computer if you follow this advice. In fact, this isn't even advice--it's just a discussion of *possibility*. :)
Paul Pehrson
My Blog