Analyzer Seems To Be Buggy in Flare 10 / Analyzer 7

This Forum is for General Issues about Analyzer
Landy
Propeller Head

Analyzer Seems To Be Buggy in Flare 10 / Analyzer 7

Post by Landy »

Hi all,

Just wondering if it is just me or is anyone else finding Analyzer 7 to be buggy?

We have noticed that Analyzer has been reporting false positives with regards to listing topics that are not in the TOC. The topics actually were in the TOC, but Analyzer was reporting that they weren't due to a case mismatch.
This seems to be new in 7.0, that Analyzer has become case sensitive.

Just today I have been trying to replace a frequent segment in several topics with a snippet. The snippet gets created but the text in the topics is not replaced with the snippet, even though the check box to select whether or not to do this is greyed out and selected by default... Frustrating and I will log a bug about this one.

Doesn't fill me with a lot of confidence when planning to make a lot of global changes in the near future based on Analyzer reports..
DocuMike
Jr. Propeller Head

Re: Analyzer Seems To Be Buggy in Flare 10 / Analyzer 7

Post by DocuMike »

I have just run across a similar false positive situation using Flare 10 and Analyzer 7.

In my case, we ran a check before publishing to look for broken links found and corrected them, but they continue to show up in Analyzer even after shutting down both Flare and Analyzer, and getting the latest from our source control (which we verified had the corrections in the source.

However, it is somewhat random as not all of the fixed broken links were found on the second pass. But about 70% of them were still reported.
ChoccieMuffin
Senior Propellus Maximus

Post by ChoccieMuffin »

My default first action whenever there's a problem like this is to close both Analyzer and Flare, then delete the \Outputs and \Analyzer folders from the project. Sometimes it just gets its knickers in a twist, particularly if I've been doing a lot of this sort of messing around.
Started as a newbie with Flare 6.1, now using Flare 2023.
Report bugs at http://www.madcapsoftware.com/bugs/submit.aspx.
Request features at https://www.madcapsoftware.com/feedback ... quest.aspx
Landy
Propeller Head

Post by Landy »

Deleting the \Outputs and \Analyzer folders was suggested to me by MadCap support also.

I was also told that using your Flare projects over a network drive, rather than your local PC, can contribute to this sort of behaviour.
That was the first I had heard of that, and is the way we are working for the short term...