Undefined styles... on images?

This Forum is for General Issues about Analyzer
Wendy_Pod
Propeller Head

Undefined styles... on images?

Post by Wendy_Pod »

Hey all,

Getting a "new-to-me" set of outputs in my Undefined Styles report.

Anyone ever had it return undefined styles on images?

Seems very strange, and I can't see any metadata that might be carrying a style?! :?
images.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Rene Severens
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: Undefined styles... on images?

Post by Rene Severens »

Hi,

This report informs you that the style "span._Override" is applied on the images used, but in the (selected?) stylesheet this style does not exist.

You can open the used stylesheet for example in notepad and do a search for "span._Override" to see if it is defined in there or not. According to the report it is not.

So either, this is has become superfluous and can be removed from the images listed, OR, the images now are shown incorrectly styled because the style definition is missing.
This last can be because a wrong stylesheet has been selected, or the style is missing indeed. If the style is missing you can add it again.

I also notice a "._" and wondered if this is correct. Maybe a typo when editing the style?
It might also be possible that the "._" is causing the error in generating the report. I have not seen that one before but you could remove the "_" to (in the style class name in the stylesheet using the flare stylesheet editor, so it will be automatically adjusted wherever used) and run the report again and see if this generates a correct error report.

Greetings,
Rene Severens
"The numbers are strange today; they somehow do not seem to add up."
Wendy_Pod
Propeller Head

Post by Wendy_Pod »

Thanks for your reply Rene.

Where would the span._Override be applied to the images? When I open the topics that include these images and view the styles applied, I do not see spans nor an _Override class applied.

I've done a F&R for the project folder and cannot find _Override anywhere - not in the topic source code nor in the stylesheets. Also searched for span class="_Override". No luck.

This is the first project I have used MadCap Capture on - could this have been something added when using it?
Nita Beck
Senior Propellus Maximus

Post by Nita Beck »

Perhaps the Override condition has been applied to the folder(s) that contain the images. I'd suspect that given that the .props files are also being conditioned, and one typically does not do anything directly with .props files from within Flare. In fact, in the Content Explorer, the .props files aren't even listed (by design), even though one will see them if the same folder's contents are viewed from within Windows Explorer. (Now that I think of it, this probably isn't the culprit, given the span. Forgive me. I'm on holiday and a bit rusty right now!)
Nita
RETIRED, but still fond of all the Flare friends I've made. See you around now and then!