Looking for statistics by target

This Forum is for General Issues about Analyzer
kelly1210
Propeller Head

Looking for statistics by target

Post by kelly1210 »

One of my projects contains a combined set of topics that are used by 4 different TOCs to produce a set of 4 books. Each book has its own various target formats. I'm trying to find a way to get a topic count by target (book). I can't seem to find this anywhere. Does anyone know if that is available in Analyzer 1? If not, I'm going to submit a feature request. At this point all I can find is a grand total of topics in the project itself.

Thanks.
~~~ KellyB ~~~
Using Flare 11
LTinker68
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: Looking for statistics by target

Post by LTinker68 »

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that it's not currently available, mainly because the online outputs (WebHelp, WebHelp, and DotNet Help) aren't tied to the TOC like the print outputs are, so it wouldn't be as easy to determine how many topics are included in the online outputs. Although I guess it could just include all topics, but that would be misleading. For instance, I have content files that are used as popups, so I don't really count them as topics, per se, because they don't have a header title and aren't included in the TOC. But that's me. You can certainly submit a feature request, unless someone else knows if this feature already exists.

Lisa
Eagles may soar, but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines.
Warning! Loose nut behind the keyboard.
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: Looking for statistics by target

Post by NorthEast »

I can think of a work-around if you have Word outputs. It's not that pretty but it should work.

Open find-and-replace, and click More >> (if it's not open). For Find what, click Format > Style and select the style used for your topic headings. Set the Replace with to anything you want (just don't save the doc afterwards!). Click Replace all, and it'll replace all the heading styles and show you how many replacements were made - which is your total number of topics. You'll need to repeat this if you use more than one topic heading style.

I can't think of a way to do this for online outputs. Counting htm files in the target's output Content folder won't work, as your target will include all topics in the project regardless of whether they're in TOC (if you don't exclude them using conditions).