Customizing a report..?

This Forum is for General Issues about Analyzer
jcoria
Propeller Head

Customizing a report..?

Post by jcoria »

I am needing the opposite of a parameter for a report. I want to see what topics are unassigned with CSH? Any way to do that with this product?

JCoria
Richard Ferrell
Propellus Maximus

Re: Customizing a report..?

Post by Richard Ferrell »

V2 of Analyzer will include the report if Topics Not Linked by Map ID
Richard Ferrell

Certified Madcap Trainer
gewriter_2
Propeller Head

Post by gewriter_2 »

I, too, have been looking for more customized reports. Will there be any functionality in upcoming versions to set some different report parameters, based on our individual help file needs?

Report wish list:
H1 styles (or top level topic style) and Topic Title - this would be great for users with legacy help files. Our predecessors were....remiss in creating appropriate topic titles to show up in Search. Instead of having to search through topic properties in Flare, this would be an excellent report.
Rachel Hiatt
Information Developer
GE Healthcare
Richard Ferrell
Propellus Maximus

Post by Richard Ferrell »

Its been logged as a feature suggestion
Richard Ferrell

Certified Madcap Trainer
forfear
Propellus Maximus

Post by forfear »

with our own products, our inhouse devs get lots and lots of requests from customers about all kinds of reports ...:) so yeah, standard reports just can't make everyone happy
If you submit your bug feedback request here, the more likely it'll get fixed or included in a future release
Open Utilities PageLayout Resizer for Flare/Blaze | Batch builder
RamonS
Senior Propellus Maximus

Post by RamonS »

The problem with custom reports is that most customers don't want to deal with that, especially when the report designer isn't so great. So the company ends up using a fully customizable report generator that is stuffed with already prepared reports. Reports is an area in software applications where always complaints come in and nobody is ever fully happy. It gets even worse when people start printing the reports....
forfear
Propellus Maximus

Post by forfear »

and the reports have to print well on laser jets and ....ooohh i dunno...pin writers (yes these are still prime time)
If you submit your bug feedback request here, the more likely it'll get fixed or included in a future release
Open Utilities PageLayout Resizer for Flare/Blaze | Batch builder
RamonS
Senior Propellus Maximus

Post by RamonS »

At my work we constantly struggle with printing as margins are more a miss than a hit depending on the printer driver and printer language used. Canned reports allow for adding some fudge factor, but if someone adds a dozen columns to a report all bets are off, especially when the printer driver has custom margins set that make the paper to be smaller than it really is....and when querying the driver the wrong margins are reported.
Dot matrix printers are still around as they are the least expensive per page and typically undestructable. I still have my Epson LQ-570+ and it works like it did on day one. What really surprised me is that Epson apparently still makes and sells that printer. Dot matrix is a popular choice when printing forms (such as bus passes for school kids) and lasers don't do so well with carbon copies. But you young folks probably have never heard of carbon copies.... :wink: