I like Analyzer, but ...

This Forum is for General Issues about Analyzer
saanvik
Propeller Head

I like Analyzer, but ...

Post by saanvik »

I really need to be able to use it as a command-line tool. I love that I can generate output from Flare using the command-line, but I hate that I cannot analyze the output without having to open up a UI.

Not having a command-line tool limits the usefulness of Analyzer for big projects.
  • I can't be assured that all the correct steps have been done to generate the reports (we humans are notorious for believing we've done something one way, when we've actually done something subtly different)
  • I can't easily compare project iterations
  • I can't test to see if the project meets our standards
  • I can't integrate Analyzer into my automated processes
I'm tired of this kind of production testing. I want automation, not another tool that requires I hold its hand.

Somebody please post a follow-up to this telling me that I just missed an option, it really is something you can do. I'd hate to have to give up on Analyzer because it doesn't support this workflow.
Ryan Cerniglia

Re: I like Analyzer, but ...

Post by Ryan Cerniglia »

This is a great feature suggestion!

This feature is not currently available in Analyzer v2, but I highly recommend placing a feature suggestion here:
https://www.madcapsoftware.com/bugs/submit.aspx

In addition, if you know of any other people who would like this please have them submit feature suggestions as well - the more people that request a feature will increase its development priority.
forfear
Propellus Maximus

Re: I like Analyzer, but ...

Post by forfear »

Done! Added
If you submit your bug feedback request here, the more likely it'll get fixed or included in a future release
Open Utilities PageLayout Resizer for Flare/Blaze | Batch builder