Index Keyword Suggestions

This Forum is for General Issues about Analyzer
jblackwood
Propeller Head

Index Keyword Suggestions

Post by jblackwood »

When I ran the analysis, the results included over 33,000 "suggestions." After doing a little investigation and experimentation with two of the suggestions, I figured out the following:

- Its suggestions are based on locating additional places in the project that include a word that I've used previously in a manually-inserted index marker.

- If my index marker was "action items:delete," it returns all places in all files that include any ONE of the words in my original index marker. For "action items:delete," it located all instances of the words, "action," "items," and "delete," which were all over the place. In other words, the "suggestions" were not useful.

Am I doing something wrong? Is there anything I can do to make this tool useful for me?

Thanks!
Jeff
Gordo
Jr. Propeller Head

Re: Index Keyword Suggestions

Post by Gordo »

Do you have any instances of "action items" as a keyword by itself (without a subterm)?

You are correct that suggestions are based on existing keywords, but you should only be getting suggestions for phrases, not necessarilly individual words, actually used as individual keywords. That is, if you have no instances of the keyword "action items" that are used independently from any sub-keywords, you should not be getting any suggestions for "action items." If you do have an instance of the keyword "action items" somewhere in your project without any sub-keywords, then you should get keyword suggestions for any topic containing the full phrase "action items" which does not already include that keyword.

--G