Snippet suggestion replaces partial or wrong text

This Forum is for General Issues about Analyzer
SMoore01
Jr. Propeller Head

Snippet suggestion replaces partial or wrong text

Post by SMoore01 »

A few months ago, I converted my RH7 project to Flare 4.2. Using Analyzer 1.0, I created a snippet from an identified Frequent Phrase, which was "Select one of the following:" When applying the snippet using Snippet Suggestions, in some places, it would partially apply the snippet and leave the original ":" or sometimes "ng:". So my topic now stated, "Select one of the following:ng:". There weren't any spans or other rubbish code in the HTML, so I thought it was a fluke.

Another writer in my group just converted from RHX5 to Flare, and is experiencing the same issue. After creating a snippet for “Toad Group Policy Management” from Frequent Phrases, if she applies it using Snippet Suggestions, it selects part of the sentence before “Toad” and drops part of the actual phrase. For example, if the sentence contains “ways in which management might use Toad Group Policy Management in their environment.”, Analyzer selects and replaces the following: “ent might use Toad Group Poli”.

Here's the source code without the snippet applied:
<p> Group policy management is intended to help manage your development environment, not to replace
good Oracle security practices. The following scenarios illustrate two
ways in which management might use Toad Group Policy Management
in their environment.</p>

Has anyone else had this issue?

Shannon
doc_guy
Propellus Maximus

Re: Snippet suggestion replaces partial or wrong text

Post by doc_guy »

Are you really using Analyzer 1.0? I believe that a project that uses Flare 4 needs to have Analyzer 2 in order to work correctly. So the first thing to check is that you're running the most recent version of Analyzer.
Paul Pehrson
My Blog

SMoore01
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by SMoore01 »

Thanks for the suggestion. I have a copy of Analyzer 1.0, which I received with Flare 4.0. I'll check the requirements and see if that's the issue for my project.

The other writer who also experienced the issue has Analyzer 2.0, so there's something else that is causing the issue with her file.
doc_guy
Propellus Maximus

Post by doc_guy »

Sounds like you need to submit a bug to MadCap so they can track the issue with Analyzer.

The bug form is located here:

https://www.madcapsoftware.com/bugs/sub ... lare&v=4.2
Paul Pehrson
My Blog