Help? Analyzer 2.3 not recognizing renamed sets

This Forum is for General Issues about Analyzer
carolynmwallace
Sr. Propeller Head

Help? Analyzer 2.3 not recognizing renamed sets

Post by carolynmwallace »

I needed to rename my variable and condition sets in Flare 5. I went through the code of the entire project replacing every instance of variable and condition code, and Flare is perfectly happy with the changes.

Analyzer 2.3, however, is saying that every one of the 840 variables in my project is undefined!! I've tried deleting variables and re-inserting them, but Analyzer still says they're undefined. I'm having the same problem with my Conditions set; Analyzer is calling all 1,220 of my conditions undefined.

Is there anything I can do to make Analyzer realize that everything is OK?
LTinker68
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: Help? Analyzer 2.3 not recognizing renamed sets

Post by LTinker68 »

Try deleting the Analyzer folder then rerunning the scan.

Lisa
Eagles may soar, but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines.
Warning! Loose nut behind the keyboard.
carolynmwallace
Sr. Propeller Head

I didn't have an Analyzer folder in my Project. I went through the Forum and found a post stating that when you have the program installed on a local drive and the project installed on a network (as I do), you need to go to C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\MadCap Software\Analyzer to delete the folder.

I did that, and it didn't help. Analyzer still sees all variables and conditions as undefined.

Also, Analyzer did NOT create a new project folder the next time I opened Flare/Analyzer. I've opened both programs and no new Project folder has appeared.
LTinker68
Master Propellus Maximus

Post by LTinker68 »

Huh. Guess I haven't created a project on a networked drive since before Analyzer came out, because there were some other problems with running off a networked drive.

If no one else jumps in with a solution, then I suggest you contact MadCap Tech Support. I have a feeling it must be writing some data somewhere it shouldn't (like the registry) and it's not picking up your changes when it rescans.

Lisa
alex
Propeller Head

Post by alex »

I think I experienced what you described, too...

Do you have an Analyzer folder at the same level as the Content, Output, and Project folders on the *network* drive where your project is located?

If so, delete that one.

When I opened my Flare project again and rescanned, the problem with the condition tags sorted itself out.

If that doesn't work for you, we might not have the same setups after all, but it may be worth a try.

Otherwise, definitely get in touch with tech support!

Good luck.
carolynmwallace
Sr. Propeller Head

SOLVED! :D

The problem turned out to be that I had Analyzer folders under different users on my computer (our IT department sets up their own user names/settings on each computer).

Once I deleted all the Analyzer folders for all user names under C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\MadCap Software\Analyzer, the program recognized my renamed variable and condition sets.

Thanks to everyone for their help!
LTinker68
Master Propellus Maximus

Post by LTinker68 »

Make sure you submit a bug report about this at http://www.madcapsoftware.com/bugs/submit.aspx. You shouldn't have to go into other users' folders to delete files so that Analyzer works properly.

Lisa