Open multiple projects at the same time

This forum is for all Analyzer issues related to procedural steps, tips and tricks.
techwrite_BC
Propeller Head

Open multiple projects at the same time

Post by techwrite_BC »

Hi all,

I'd like to find out which conditions tags are used in all my projects.

Instead of open every project separately in the Analyzer, I would like to open all my projects at the same time to get a list of all used conditions tags.

However I didn't find this functionality in Analyzer, can anybody help me?

Maybe I could use a workaround by copying all content folders of all projects into a single dummy project which I open in Analyzer?...

Thanks and regards,
Stefan
Nita Beck
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: Open multiple projects at the same time

Post by Nita Beck »

Stefan, although it is true that you cannot have more than one project open in Analyzer at a time, you can run multiple instances of Analyzer at the same time, with each one having a different project open.

After you've got one instance of Analyzer open, start up another instance. In the second one, open the second project you want to examine. Then you can place the two Analyzer windows side-by-side to do your comparison.

BTW, running multiple instances like this is possible with any MadCap program. I often have two instances of Flare open at the same time, each with a different project loaded.

I don't know of a limit as to how many instances of Analyzer you run simultaneously, but I think the practical limitation will be determine by the amount of memory your computer has to load all those applications; at some point, it'll run out.
Nita
RETIRED, but still fond of all the Flare friends I've made. See you around now and then!
techwrite_BC
Propeller Head

Re: Open multiple projects at the same time

Post by techwrite_BC »

Hi Nita,
thank you for your quick answer.
The problem I expect when I open several instances of Analyzer is that some condition tags will appear twice since one common condition tag set applies to all projects.
What I am looking for is a merged list of all condition tags used in all projects (I didn't make this clear in my previous post).
If, as you write, there is no way of openinng several projects in Analyzer at the same time, I think I could do it manually by opening one project after another.