If your Analyzer project will not open

This forum is for all Analyzer issues related to procedural steps, tips and tricks.
Centauri27
Sr. Propeller Head

If your Analyzer project will not open

Post by Centauri27 »

Here's a valuable tip I just learned from MadCap Support: if Analyzer starts acting strangely (for example, refuses to open a Flare project that worked fine moments ago), simply delete the Analyzer folder within your Flare project, then relaunch Analyzer. You'll have to wait for it to perform its Advance Scan all over again, but at least you can use Analyzer while it's scanning.

Carl
Craig.Prichard
Propeller Head

Re: If your Analyzer project will not open

Post by Craig.Prichard »

FYI, this is still true. When I installed Flare v7 alongside v6 then installed Analyzer v4, none of the analyzing activity was occuring in either. Analyzer would load but appeared to have no project loaded. When I explicitly loaded a project Analyzer still looked like no project was loaded. When I loaded Analyzer from Flare Analzyer would open without a project loaded. I closed Flare and Analyzer then deleted the Analzyer directory in the project folder. When I started Flare again the Project Analysis pane began to populate. When I loaded Analyzer v4 from Flare v7 Analyzer began working on the project. :P