First experience running Analyzer

This forum is for all Analyzer issues related to procedural steps, tips and tricks.
gmel999
Propeller Head

First experience running Analyzer

Post by gmel999 »

Hi everyone,

I'm a newbie to Flare (just a few mos. experience) and Analyzer, so pls. excuse a very basic question.

I just ran a build of a project of maybe 110 topics; corrected a few hyperlink errors and everything is fine.

So.............when I tried running Analyzer for the first time, it found a bunch of missing links; most are links to CSS files.

What does it mean when your build looks fine and reports no errors, and Analyzer still finds critical stuff?

Thanks and regards,
Mel

p.s. Sorry - just realized I should have posted this under General Discussion. :-0
LTinker68
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: First experience running Analyzer

Post by LTinker68 »

Welcome to the forums.

Just to clarify, is this the full version of Analyzer (separate application) or Analyzer Lite (part of Flare)?

And do you have more than one CSS file in the project? Or perhaps were the topics imported from elsewhere? If so, some of the topics may be pointing to an old stylesheet file. I don't have Flare running at the moment, so I'm not sure if you can remove non-existent CSS references via the topic's Properties screen or if you'd need to open the topic in the Internal Text Editor (in Flare) and manually remove the reference. I believe if you have the full version of Analyzer then you can double-click on the error/warning message and it'll open the Flare project directly to the problem topic, although it won't necessarily open it in the Internal Text Editor.

Lisa
Eagles may soar, but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines.
Warning! Loose nut behind the keyboard.
koenrem6
Jr. Propeller Head

View used images

Post by koenrem6 »

Hi all,
I'am also very new in Flare and Analyzer.
I'm looking for a feature that I hope someone can help me find.
I would like to view uses images in a certain project. There is a option to find the unused images, but not that I know of about the used images in a project.
I'm using the trial version of Analyzer,
Could someone help me?
Koen
SteveS
Senior Propellus Maximus
Location: Adelaide, far side of the world ( 34°56'0.78\"S 138°46'44.28\"E).

Re: View used images

Post by SteveS »

koenrem6 wrote:Hi all,
I'am also very new in Flare and Analyzer.
I'm looking for a feature that I hope someone can help me find.
I would like to view uses images in a certain project. There is a option to find the unused images, but not that I know of about the used images in a project.
I'm using the trial version of Analyzer,
Could someone help me?
Koen
This can be done...

Click Reports from the Analysis group on the view tab.
The Reports window opens, double click NewReport.
Select General in the Report editor.
Scroll down to Images and select the checkbox for Used Images.
Click Generate.

HTH.

ps. Welcome to the forums! :D
Steve
Life's too short for bad coffee, bad chocolate, and bad red wine.