FTP Destination Editor - no directory value

This forum is for all Flare issues related to getting started and installing the application.
LindaW
Propeller Head

FTP Destination Editor - no directory value

Post by LindaW »

The way that my FTP account is set up, my files go directly into a subfolder, called documentation, off the main site. So in the Destination Editor, I put the IP address in the Host Name field, and that is the destination folder for my files. If I enter "Documentation" in the Directory field, the files go to a subdirectory of my destination folder:
  • My destination: mywebsite/documentation
    my files are publishing here: mywebsite/documentation/documentation
In the Destination Editor, it does not allow me to leave the directory field blank, and I don't have a value to enter there. I have tried a few entries, but so far have not found anything that works:
  • public_html
    /
    (blank space)
Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Linda
LindaW
Propeller Head

Re: FTP Destination Editor - no directory value

Post by LindaW »

i got an answer on this from MC support. If you want to publish directly into a folder with FTP, the Destination Editor requires an entry in the Directory field.

If you enter ./ in the directory field, your files will go into your destination folder (Host Name).
ilyssaallison
Jr. Propeller Head

Re: FTP Destination Editor - hostname not recognized

Post by ilyssaallison »

Hello,

Madcap is not recognizing the ftp address I input for my remote computer ip address. Under "host", do I simply write "ftp.myfullcomputername"?
Under "port", is there a specific port I need to use?

Thanks,
LindaW
Propeller Head

Post by LindaW »

I think it depends on how you are set up. I had to use the IP address (nnn.nnn.nnn.nnn) - which I got from my host administrator. I did not enter a Port.
Linda
DLComly
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by DLComly »

It appears that the info about ./ as the correct value for the directory field isn't in the Flare documentation; it should be. I'm working closely with a developer to set up delivery of online help via FTP and he was stumped by this question.

@LindaW - Thanks!