can't see topics I create

This forum is for all Flare issues related to getting started and installing the application.
rogersgeorge
Jr. Propeller Head

can't see topics I create

Post by rogersgeorge »

I'm following the getting started tutorial. I used a default project that has Introduction Topics, Feature Topics, and Procedure topics. I created a topic named Feature 0.htm. When I build the site, my topic doesn't appear. The menu at the top of the page lists only topics 1 through 3. However, if I search for it (using a text string in the topic) it appears.
How do I get a topic I create to appear in my built project?

I tried importing the file into the Features folder, and now it appears as the home page of the site!

Over the course of several builds as I attempted to figure this out (both the name I created, Practice Target; and HTML5 - Top Navigation), I get 9 ignored warnings, but when I look at the log, the warnings page is blank. How do I see the warnings?

I have more, but that'll do for a start.

Rogers George, Newark, DE
Best wishes,
Rogers George
rogers.george@gmail.com
RamonS
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: can't see topics I create

Post by RamonS »

When you say "my topic doesn't appear" do you mean it does not show as an entry in the Table of Contents? If that is the case then this is by design. You need to add topics explicitly to the Table of Contents. In most cases you want a topic to be in there, but not in all cases.
rogersgeorge
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by rogersgeorge »

Thank you. I discovered that I have to open the TOC from the Project Organizer, then drag the topics I want to appear in the output from the content explorer into the TOC on the right of the screen. Now to get those mini-tocs to populate (my other post)
Best wishes,
Rogers George
rogers.george@gmail.com
teddy_b
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by teddy_b »

Very helpful, thanks.