Help - can't start flare after user change

This forum is for all Flare issues related to getting started and installing the application.
fvila
Propeller Head

Help - can't start flare after user change

Post by fvila »

The IT people did a user change on my PC and now I get a message asking for my license code. I am then asked to enter the activation code. When I do that I'm told the activations are already used.
I can't log on as my previous user any more.
Nita Beck
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: Help - can't start flare after user change

Post by Nita Beck »

This question comes up on the forums often.

Here's how I replied to a similar question asked last week:

"You'll need to contact MadCap tech support (email will do, but a phone call is quicker). They need to clear something on their activation servers, which still knows your machine by its old name. Once they clear that, you'll be able to reactivate. Whenever I've had this problem, they've cleared it up right away."
Nita
RETIRED, but still fond of all the Flare friends I've made. See you around now and then!
fvila
Propeller Head

Post by fvila »

Hi Nita,

I'm a bit confused about tech support. I've been searching on the web site and I find stuff about gold/platinum support plans (I don't think we have those) and my colleagues aren't very clear either.
Is there an email address that anyone with a license can contact?

Francis
fvila
Propeller Head

Post by fvila »

I've been given this address, trying it out:
CustomerService@madcapsoftware.com
jbananak
Propeller Head

Post by jbananak »

I have this same problem now - the only change that was made is a Windows Update yesterday... it's also on my colleague's computer - anyone else got this?
The problem is, I am on the other side of the world and even with Platinum support I now have to wait until Madcap opens (3 hours down, 3 to go) in California to get them to deactivate my Flare and my 3 colleagues Flare ... I'm hoping it's not all the other Madpak software too.... :(