Flare 11 post install

This forum is for all Flare issues related to getting started and installing the application.
amshogren
Jr. Propeller Head

Flare 11 post install

Post by amshogren »

Wondering about the appearance of Flare 11; the interface looks pretty much the same as Flare 10. However, after installing Flare 11, I did notice that the Source Control tab/ribbon present in Flare 10 is missing in Flare 11. Should it be present?
kkelleher
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: Flare 11 post install

Post by kkelleher »

This is a great question -- the way you get to the source control UI changed between 10 and 11, and in 11, it isn't shown by default. Try View > Source Control Explorer (in the ribbon view).

Thanks,

Kristen
Kristen Kelleher
Director of Tech Pubs, TIBCO Jaspersoft
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Post by NorthEast »

amshogren wrote:Wondering about the appearance of Flare 11; the interface looks pretty much the same as Flare 10. However, after installing Flare 11, I did notice that the Source Control tab/ribbon present in Flare 10 is missing in Flare 11. Should it be present?
In v11, the toolbar ribbon is only displayed if the project that's open uses source control.
kkelleher
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by kkelleher »

Dave Lee wrote:In v11, the toolbar ribbon is only displayed if the project that's open uses source control.
I checked this with no project open, and it appears on my ribbon. It also appears in a project that's not bound.

Thanks,

Kristen
Kristen Kelleher
Director of Tech Pubs, TIBCO Jaspersoft
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Post by NorthEast »

kkelleher wrote:I checked this with no project open, and it appears on my ribbon. It also appears in a project that's not bound.
Curious, it doesn't appear for me in v11 unless the project uses source control. (Well, it appears for a fraction of a second, and then disappears.)