Sharepoint 2013 integration - What site collection to use ?

This forum is for all Flare issues related to getting started and installing the application.
tienlamnguyen
Jr. Propeller Head

Sharepoint 2013 integration - What site collection to use ?

Post by tienlamnguyen »

Hello, I am a SharePoint administrators and not a Flare user.

I was asked by my Flare Online Help team to create a Sharepoint Site for Flare integration. After reading all the documentation that I could find, there is no documentation on how to build the initial Sharepoint site for Flare and what are the requirements.

What I like to know is what SharePoint 2013 built-in site collections templates works best for Flare ? TeamSite ? Project Site ? Records center site ? Publishing Site ? etc.

Help is appreciated
Nita Beck
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: Sharepoint 2013 integration - What site collection to us

Post by Nita Beck »

Hi. Welcome to the forums. :)

Despite my cheery welcome, I don't have an answer, other than this: I suggest that you contact MadCap tech support for this very technical question. Although there certainly are some Sharepoint users here on these peer-to-peer forums, I suspect you might have more luck asking a MadCap rep for guidance. Do your Flare users have a maintenance contract under which you could open an inquiry?
Nita
RETIRED, but still fond of all the Flare friends I've made. See you around now and then!
SteveS
Senior Propellus Maximus
Location: Adelaide, far side of the world ( 34°56'0.78\"S 138°46'44.28\"E).

Re: Sharepoint 2013 integration - What site collection to us

Post by SteveS »

What do your team want?

I suspect they just want to use SharePoint as a content management system and use Flare's SharePoint integration to book files in and out of source control. If so you would not need to worry about SharePoint templates.
Steve
Life's too short for bad coffee, bad chocolate, and bad red wine.