Microsoft OneDrive

This forum is for all Flare issues related to getting started and installing the application.
GeorgeBell
Sr. Propeller Head

Microsoft OneDrive

Post by GeorgeBell »

Does anyone have experience of using Flare 11/12 with Microsoft OneDrive?

I was hoping to use it to avoid having to copy Projects between my office desktop (Windows 7 Pro) and laptop (Windows 10 Pro) and vice versa.
Nita Beck
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: Microsoft OneDrive

Post by Nita Beck »

I use OneDrive a lot, although, alas, not for Flare projects. But I think it should work. I've put Flare projects in Dropbox and it seems to work fine.

All that said, if your project is under source control such as SVN or Git, then do not put your local copy of the project in OneDrive, Dropbox, or any other hosted service that has its own versioning scheme. (You know, any of the hosted services that let you go back to an earlier version of a file, which is what OneDrive and Dropbox can do.) I've been forewarned by SVN and Git users whose opinions I regard highly that in that situation, the competing version/source control systems (e.g., OneDrive vs. Git) will at some point mess up the history of the files without an easy way to sort out the conflicts.
Nita
RETIRED, but still fond of all the Flare friends I've made. See you around now and then!