All Help is broken in Flare 12

This forum is for all Flare issues related to getting started and installing the application.
JeromeR
Propeller Head

All Help is broken in Flare 12

Post by JeromeR »

Be forewarned.

My current client has very high Internet security in place, so the following are not functioning in Flare 12:
- Help (online website scripts are blocked).
- PDF guides (search hangs).
There's no way to disable the security.

I thought there used to be locally installed Help but I can't find it in Flare 12.

I need to reactivate Flare 11 to see if there's locally installed Help there.
Nita Beck
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: All Help is broken in Flare 12

Post by Nita Beck »

Local Help in Flare 12 is not broken; it's just not available by default.

To turn local Help back on, go to File > Options > General and select the Use Local Help check box. Then, if there is no internet connectivity, the local Help will be presented.
Nita
RETIRED, but still fond of all the Flare friends I've made. See you around now and then!
JeromeR
Propeller Head

Post by JeromeR »

Thanks. That helped.

Hint for MadCap: if a user activated manually, Local Help should be toggled on—because chances are there's an overenthusasm on the part of I.T.'s security systems, or a lack of Internet connectivity.
Nita Beck
Senior Propellus Maximus

Post by Nita Beck »

Glad that helped.
JeromeR wrote:Hint for MadCap: if a user activated manually, Local Help should be toggled on—because chances are there's an overenthusasm on the part of I.T.'s security systems, or a lack of Internet connectivity.
Not a bad idea. But rather than offer a hint to MadCap, whose employees sometimes hang out here at the peer-to-peer forums, about something you'd like to see them implement, why not put in a feature request?
https://www.madcapsoftware.com/feedback ... quest.aspx
Nita
RETIRED, but still fond of all the Flare friends I've made. See you around now and then!
JeromeR
Propeller Head

Post by JeromeR »

Thanks, Nita. I submitted an enhancement request.