Project Planning - am I doing this correctly?

This forum is for all Flare issues related to getting started and installing the application.
TBallad
Propeller Head

Project Planning - am I doing this correctly?

Post by TBallad »

Hi everyone,

I'm new to Flare, so trying to get up to speed while bringing all of our existing documentation into single sourcing, etc. We currently have three types of documentation: User Guide, Quick Start Guide, and Release Notes. There's a fair amount of crossover, especially between the QS Guide and the User Guide. I'm thinking the best way to set this up is to create a master project with CSS, images, and the topics that are common to multiple guides, then create child projects for each of the three types of documentation.

Does that seem like a reasonable way to go, or is there an easier/more efficient method that I'm missing?

Thanks!
Tricia
Nita Beck
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: Project Planning - am I doing this correctly?

Post by Nita Beck »

In your situation, using global project linking (that's what you're talking about with having a master/parent project and children projects) is overkill.

You can have all your stuff in one project, but have different targets for the different guides. Were I designing, I'd have a unique TOC for each guide. Others like to have one TOC and use conditioning.

HTH
Nita
RETIRED, but still fond of all the Flare friends I've made. See you around now and then!
TBallad
Propeller Head

Re: Project Planning - am I doing this correctly?

Post by TBallad »

Thanks! That's very helpful - and probably just saved me a week's worth of work :)