Company logo in home page header

This forum is for all Flare issues related to getting started and installing the application.
Perrorist
Propeller Head

Company logo in home page header

Post by Perrorist »

I'm just getting to grips with Flare and have selected the Top Navigation Advanced template to work with. After some effort, I've been able to change the company logo image in the home page footer (via Content->Resources->MasterPages->HomePage.flmsp), but can find no means of doing the same in the header.

I expected to find the option in the Skins editor (Styles->Logo), but that's concerned only with alignment, etc. Setup has a Logo URL setting, but it appears to be internal and references an .htm file.

Any help would be appreciated.
techwriter31
Propellus Maximus

Re: Company logo in home page header

Post by techwriter31 »

You should be able to specify the logo in the skin editor, under Styles > Logos > Background > Image:
2016-12-05_14-35-05.png
In the Skin Editor, I find it helpful to click the "Highlight" button at the top of the UI. You can then click on different elements in the right pane and it will automatically expand the appropriate setting in the pane on the left. In this case, it only expands Logos, but lets you know you're on the right track.
2016-12-05_14-42-03.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kellie
Perrorist
Propeller Head

Post by Perrorist »

Thanks for the reply. My problem is that the Image textbox refers to an internal resource (url(resources:WebHelp2/Desktop)) about which I know nothing and doesn't provide a file menu so that I can select my logo image.
SKamprowski
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by SKamprowski »

Hi,

when you click at the button right next to the url you may get the dialog named Insert Image (see attached screenshot). At the bottom of this dialog are "..." which leads you to Windows File menu. So, you can navigate to your logo.

Kind regards,
Sabine Kamprowski
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kind regards,
Sabine Kamprowski
DocToHelp MVP (by ComponentOne)
Perrorist
Propeller Head

Post by Perrorist »

Sabine, thanks for that. It solves my problem.

I hadn't realised what the text box was for. It ought to be labelled.

Thanks again.