San Diego Template Not There?

This forum is for all Flare issues related to getting started and installing the application.
Arayfield
Jr. Propeller Head

San Diego Template Not There?

Post by Arayfield »

I recently was mandated to learn the software and started the tutorials, alas when I went to start using you online help I went to start and in Templates was no San Diego template to learn from.
Is there a way to get this template for learning purposes?

Thank you in advance
Nita Beck
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: San Diego Template Not There?

Post by Nita Beck »

Hello! Welcome to the forums and to the start of your Flare adventures! You're in friendly company here. :)

That said, most of the folks who hang out here are fellow Flare users, not employees of MadCap Software, so we can't answer your question directly. You're right that there is no "San Diego" template within the Flare application itself. [EDIT: I am wrong about this; see later in this thread.]

I suggest that you follow up with your MadCap sales rep or with Tech Support to inquire if MadCap would be willing to give you a copy of their San Diego project. Please do NOT take my suggestion as any kind of promise that they will. But MadCap has a well-deserved reputation for assisting its users, especially its new users.

Also, given that you're just starting your learning, I suggest that you look to see if there is a local Flare user group in your community. These user groups are full of dedicated and friendly Flare users of all levels who are interested in learning from and teaching each other. Check out this page to see the current list of groups and their contact info: http://www.madcapsoftware.com/community/
Nita
RETIRED, but still fond of all the Flare friends I've made. See you around now and then!
Nita Beck
Senior Propellus Maximus

Post by Nita Beck »

On your behalf, I reached out to MadCap. Here's the reply I got, which should get you on your way:

"It's available as a project template.

So start new project wizard, give new proj a name, then click next, you can can choose project templates. Open the tutorials folder, you will see the san diego project in that folder."
Nita
RETIRED, but still fond of all the Flare friends I've made. See you around now and then!
Arayfield
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by Arayfield »

thank you but sadly the answer leads me back to my original question, as when I go there is no san diego template

Thank you anyways
Nita Beck
Senior Propellus Maximus

Post by Nita Beck »

OK, let's take a giant step back. What version of Flare are you using? The San Diego template is most definitely available in Flare 12 and Flare 2017 (aka Flare 13).
SanDiego_template_Flare2017_and_Flare12.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Nita
Documentus
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by Documentus »

Hi, James here at Documentus. I'm having the same problem with the "San Diego" template. I'm using Flare V11. My symptoms are, the "Tutorials" folder doesn't even load when I start a new project as described above. I've contacted MadCap support and I'm still waiting for a response!

Any suggestions folks?

Kind Regards,

James :|
Nita Beck
Senior Propellus Maximus

Post by Nita Beck »

I believe the issue is that the San Diego template was added in Flare 12. It was not available Flare 11 and earlier.
Nita