Flare 2017 Upgrade

This forum is for all Flare issues related to getting started and installing the application.
Techno
Sr. Propeller Head

Flare 2017 Upgrade

Post by Techno »

Is anyone else having performance problems with Flare 2017?

I've been using V12 which is still fine, but the new version is simply unusable. I suspect it may be a local issue as I have not seen any similar comments on this forum.

Any suggestions as to what to look for?
George Bell
Techno-Vision Systems Ltd., U.K.
Nita Beck
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: Flare 2017 Upgrade

Post by Nita Beck »

George, I personally have not. But might I suggest that you be more specific about the performance issues you're experiencing so that others who have the same issues can respond?
Nita
RETIRED, but still fond of all the Flare friends I've made. See you around now and then!
Techno
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: Flare 2017 Upgrade

Post by Techno »

Just for info, I'm using an HP Pro desktop with 8 Gb of RAM, and a 500 Gb SSD.

When I select the project you wish to open in 2017, I have a new dialog - "Retrieving source control status", which I do not see with V12.

I'll be looking at that for 25 seconds before being asked if I wish to pull the latest repository. I respond with Yes, and the dialog disappears.

A full minute goes by before I'm asked confirm the "Origin". The Flare screen is "frozen" in the meantime.

Then 15 more seconds to the final stage, and 15 more seconds before I'm told that all files are up to date and it loads the actual project.

In V12, the whole process takes around 20 seconds.

I'll leave it there for now since there is not much point in continuing until this is resolved.
George Bell
Techno-Vision Systems Ltd., U.K.