Flare 2017 - Load/Uninstall Issue; r2 Install Issue

This forum is for all Flare issues related to getting started and installing the application.
ecjoe
Propeller Head

Flare 2017 - Load/Uninstall Issue; r2 Install Issue

Post by ecjoe »

After some recent Windows 7 x64 updates, I'm running into the following issues:
  • * Flare 2017 immediately shuts down upon loading it.
    * Flare 2017 cannot be uninstalled; I was able to uninstall all previous versions.
    * Flare 2017 r2 cannot be installed.
Has anybody else encountered any of these issues? If so, how did you overcome them?
Joe
(Flare 2017 r2 - Windows 7 64)
Nita Beck
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: Flare 2017 - Load/Uninstall Issue; r2 Install Issue

Post by Nita Beck »

I suggest you call MadCap Tech Support. I am pretty sure that MadCap does not charge for a support call about installation issues. If you do call, ask that question first, just to be sure.
Nita
RETIRED, but still fond of all the Flare friends I've made. See you around now and then!
ecjoe
Propeller Head

Post by ecjoe »

Nita,

Thanks. I have contacted Tech Support. However, I was hoping to speed up the process by checking with the Flare community.
Joe
ecjoe
Propeller Head

Post by ecjoe »

Whoops, it looks like I should have posted this to the Getting Started and Installation issues forum.

Anyway, this issue may be a result of a .NET Framework update. Rolling back .NET Framework from 4.7 to 4.6.2 allowed me to uninstall 2012 and install/use 2017 r2.
Joe
Nita Beck
Senior Propellus Maximus

Post by Nita Beck »

My reason for pointing you to MadCap Tech Support was actually to save you time and to get you the best guidance possible, rather than having we forum members sorta kinda offer advice that maybe perhaps would point you in a reasonable direction without taking you off on a wild goose chase or down a proverbial garden path or, worse, get you into serious trouble. :) Only kidding. But not kidding. Given what sounded pretty serious, MadCap Tech Support was your best option.

No worries about not posting your question in the installation forum. I'll move it shortly.
Nita
RETIRED, but still fond of all the Flare friends I've made. See you around now and then!