Inherited Madcap Flare System.

This forum is for all Flare issues related to getting started and installing the application.
a1021789
Jr. Propeller Head

Inherited Madcap Flare System.

Post by a1021789 »

Hello,

As the title suggests, I've recently inherited / taken over the day to day running of our programmes Madcap Flare system version 9. Due to a sudden change in the team, the handover given was very brief and therefore I've been learning since day one. Considering the size of the data set I'm working with (last Output built and sent to the server was 30gb+ over 100,000 files) its quite a daunting task.

I've come across a couple of issues which I'm hoping I might be able to clarify here :

1. Is there a way to speed up the Analyzer tool? ie if I close the software or it crashes, the Analyzer tool has to run again and takes around 2 hours at present. I've deleted the Analyzer folder and let the software rebuild, however this hasn't made a noticeable difference.

2. I've been requested to provide metrics on hit counts certain pages which are published in Madcap - is there a function in the software that can do this?

Many thanks,
Sam.
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: Inherited Madcap Flare System.

Post by NorthEast »

a1021789 wrote:Hello,

As the title suggests, I've recently inherited / taken over the day to day running of our programmes Madcap Flare system version 9. Due to a sudden change in the team, the handover given was very brief and therefore I've been learning since day one. Considering the size of the data set I'm working with (last Output built and sent to the server was 30gb+ over 100,000 files) its quite a daunting task.

I've come across a couple of issues which I'm hoping I might be able to clarify here :

1. Is there a way to speed up the Analyzer tool? ie if I close the software or it crashes, the Analyzer tool has to run again and takes around 2 hours at present. I've deleted the Analyzer folder and let the software rebuild, however this hasn't made a noticeable difference.

2. I've been requested to provide metrics on hit counts certain pages which are published in Madcap - is there a function in the software that can do this?

Many thanks,
Sam.
1. In Flare or the Analyzer application, you can open File > Options, go to the Analyzer tab, and switch off everything in Advanced Scan Options.
If you are using the Analyzer application (not Flare), then I've found its performance is very poor in large projects.

2. There's nothing built in to Flare, but it's fairly easy to include Google Analytics in your project, and that will give you a lot of statistics and tracking information.
Martin_B
Propeller Head

Re: Inherited Madcap Flare System.

Post by Martin_B »

a1021789 wrote:Hello,

Many thanks,
Sam.
2:You can incorporate Google Analytics rather easily, as explained in this Madcap blog post