Crash when Pasting Image

This forum is for all Flare issues related to getting started and installing the application.
spw24
Jr. Propeller Head

Crash when Pasting Image

Post by spw24 »

I recently migrated to a new PC. I used SVN with the working copy on my local drive.

When I tried to paste an image from the clipboard into a topic I got a crash that looked like this: :shock:
<MadCapExceptionLog protocol="1" executable="Flare" executableVersion="14.0.6738.27462" localDate="2018-09-24T16:06:03.0574571+01:00">
<OS arch="x64" frameworkVersion="4.0.30319.42000" version="Microsoft Windows NT 10.0.17134.0" />
<Exception type="System.IO.IOException" message="The device is not ready." stackTrace="at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath) at System.IO.Directory.InternalCreateDirectory(String fullPath, String path, Object dirSecurityObj, Boolean checkHost) at System.IO.Directory.InternalCreateDirectoryHelper(String path, Boolean checkHost) at B3.CoreKit.FileSystem.CreateDirectory(IUrl folder) at B3.CatapultMdiFullDependencyKit.CatapultFullDependencyMdiEditor.GetImageFromClipboard(Object refw) at B3.XmlTextKit.BoxView.PasteImage(String pretty) at B3.XmlTextKit.BoxView.OnEditPasteCommand(CommandContext cc) at B3.XmlTextKit.BoxView.OnCommand(CommandContext cc) at B3.AppKit.CommandInvokeContext.OnCommand() at B3.AppKit.CommandRouter.Invoke(CommandContext cc) at B3.AppKit.CommandRouter.TryInvoke(CommandContext cc)" source="mscorlib" />
<User machineID="50d3b2b5bd76cbc6d1f0c9c165e7353d970b6eb8" />
</MadCapExceptionLog>
Eventually, I figured out what had happened:
When you paste an image, Flare tries to open the location used when the last image was saved in the Save As browser window. If that location is not available then this exception occurs.
In my case, my project was on the E: drive on my old PC and the D: drive on my new PC (the E: drive did not exist). :roll:

To fix this issue:
I inserted a USB and made its drive letter E:
I then pasted an image into my project and the browser opened in the project folders (on the new D: drive), I saved the file in my project folder.
Now the last used location is updated to the D: drive, Flare behaves normally once again.
:lol:

Hope this helps someone else out there!
(I have reported this to MadCap).
AlexFox
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: Crash when Pasting Image

Post by AlexFox »

Hi spw24,

Welcome to the Forums! It's great to see you figured this problem out, thanks for providing a solution and reporting it to MadCap. It can be frustrating when people don't answer your threads - It's not a case of being ignored, people just generally don't post in a thread if they can't solve the problem presented (brutally efficient huh?)

Welcome again :)