April 2019 release

This forum is for all Flare issues related to getting started and installing the application.
Techno
Sr. Propeller Head

April 2019 release

Post by Techno »

We are currently running Flare 2018 R2 in 2 locations. The main site is in the US with a satellite site in the UK. We are using Git for Source Control.

It is entirely possible I have missed the question in the release notes as to whether it is safe to use both versions to work on the same project(s) for a short while, or must both site be upgraded at the same time?
George Bell
Techno-Vision Systems Ltd., U.K.
BrianAtInTouchHealth
Propeller Head

Re: April 2019 release

Post by BrianAtInTouchHealth »

Good question. However, I don't know the answer. For those interested, here's the release notes for the April 2019 release:

https://kb.madcapsoftware.com/Content/F ... _Notes.htm

Brian
Flare :flare: + Analyzer :analyzer: 2022, Central, Capture :capture: 7.0, Mimic :mimic: 8.1
RamonS
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: April 2019 release

Post by RamonS »

In the past it was always recommended to update everyone at the same time. The newer version may make changes to project files and add content that is incompatible with the old version. I do not know if that is the case with the latest release. Make a backup of all projects and then try it out...although you could run into issues days later and would have to redo all work after downgrading and restoring backups.
What always worked is to use multiple versions side by side on one system. If there are project that UK doesn't work on you could give those a test drive in the new release while keeping everything else on the older release. Might get confusing, so you are better off picking a date and update everyone.