Cannot create HTML5 build after importing RoboHelp project

This forum is for all Flare issues related to getting started and installing the application.
Dennetti
Propeller Head

Cannot create HTML5 build after importing RoboHelp project

Post by Dennetti »

HI. I am testing Flare using an imported RoboHelp project. In RoboHelp, many of these topics are not included in the output, and are not in the the TOC we use. They have broken links, which is not a problem in RoboHelp as they are never included in the output. However, the build is failing in Flare because of these broken links. Can I exclude this topics in Flare, so they are never considered in the build process? Any advice for a newbie would be appreciated.
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: Cannot create HTML5 build after importing RoboHelp proje

Post by NorthEast »

A broken link might cause build warnings, but I don't think broken links should cause build failures (i.e. build errors) that stop the build from working.

You can exclude topics in a few ways:
* A quick method is to use the target setting Advanced > Exclude content not linked directly or indirectly from the target. This will exclude and content that isn't linked from anywhere, so might work for you.
* A more reliable/robust method is to set a condition on the topics you don't want to include, and exclude that condition in the target.
Dennetti
Propeller Head

Post by Dennetti »

Thanks. I already had " Exclude content not linked directly or indirectly from the target" set, but no luck. I tried excluding unwanted content by setting a condition, but the build still fails just after trying to process a topic that is not in the TOC. I get the following error: "Build failed: Unexpected end of file while parsing CDATA has occurred."
devjoe
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by devjoe »

The suggested solutions are probably not going to work with topics that have invalid XML. When you ran the import, you should have gotten warnings about any topics like this which Flare couldn't parse, and so imported without any processing. You'll either need to fix the topics so the XML is valid, or remove them from the Content folder.

The root cause is you had invalid code in the topics in the RoboHelp project you imported - a problem I experienced also a few years ago, on a couple dozen out of tens of thousands of imported topics over many projects.
Dennetti
Propeller Head

Post by Dennetti »

Thanks very much. I removed a handful of topics from the output, and it now builds OK.