Content Explorer-how to collapse expanded folders?[FIXED]

This forum is for all Flare issues related to getting started and installing the application.
M33R4
Sr. Propeller Head

Content Explorer-how to collapse expanded folders?[FIXED]

Post by M33R4 »

content explorer.PNG
How can I have all my content listed in the left hand column only please :?:

Thanks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by M33R4 on Tue May 25, 2021 2:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
Newbie to MadCap Flare
Nita Beck
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: Content Explorer - how to collapse all expanded folders?

Post by Nita Beck »

Because you are using Toggle Show Files (second toolbar button from the left), you're opted to split the Content Explorer into two panes. In that view, the left pane is only ever going to show folders, but not files. Files are viewable only in the right pane. You can expand the folder structures shown in the left pane with the + button, but again, that won't show files. And you can multi-select files and folders in the right pane, which you'd not be able to do in the single-pane view of the CE.

I tend to use the two-pane view only when I want to multi-select files, such as to move multiple files. Otherwise, I tend to use the single-pane view most of the time.

HTH
Nita
RETIRED, but still fond of all the Flare friends I've made. See you around now and then!
M33R4
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: Content Explorer - how to collapse all expanded folders?

Post by M33R4 »

Nita Beck wrote:Because you are using Toggle Show Files (second toolbar button from the left)....
Thank you Nita - was hoping it was something as simple as that :)
Newbie to MadCap Flare